Thursday, May 30, 2013

Pop Cultured

Welcome to the new Weblog version of Pop Cultured, written by Sam Saper, created by SamECircle Productions! I hope you enjoy reading.
Here is my post schedule:

THURSDAY: FMera, my look at the week's Billboard charts.


FRIDAY: >2Chainz (Greater Than Two Chainz). Has someone ever said this to you: "I like all genres of music, except for _____?" This column is devoted to exploring the good and bad sides of genres known primarily for the latter.


SUNDAY: PlayThis, a look at new and old music, arranged into a playlist, connected by a theme.


TUESDAY: FMera Vintage, a look back at the music popular at random weeks in the Billboard charts' history.


WEDNESDAY: Reviews of new albums.


Did you enjoy this post? I read and respond to all comments! I am also available at my email address, SamECircleProductions@gmail.com -- If you like what you see, shoot me a note!

2 comments:

  1. I think your analysis of Blurred Lines is right on re it being a throw-back sound. But I'm surprised you say Robin Thicke is a new entity. He's been around for a while. His hit "Lost Without U" was bumping when I was a senior in college in 2007. Also, he's featured on my favorite lil wayne song of all time, Shooter. Check them out! Thicke is also the son of Alan Thicke from growing pains, fyi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, he's new on the Billboard charts at least; esp. for having a number one hit. He's not a household pop name. But he has been around. My point is more that I don't think the reason the song is doing well is because people wanted to listen to the new Robin Thicke song, the way they might with Rihanna or Katy Perry or whoever.

    ReplyDelete